Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Why Questing is the Fastest (and most enjoyable) Way to Level

Personally, I find questing to be much more rewarding, both in terms of game experience and in how fast my character progresses. WoW quests help my characters level faster than outright grinding. Questing also gets me involved in the story of World of Warcraft. To me, grinding is like killing ants with a magnifying glass. Yeah, it can be fun for a little while, but unless you are a really sadistic person, the fun factor wears off quickly. WoW wasn’t created for thousands of people to get online and wander aimlessly killing stuff. The quests are the meat of the game and serve as mini-goals for players to accomplish. Besides, if all I wanted to do was run around and kill stuff, I could play Counterstrike.....and it's free.

The trick for leveling quickly with quests is to complete the right ones at the right time. Do you need to complete all of the quests in the game? My experience tells me no. I’ve also seen some guides that recommend skipping certain quests either because of the time involved or the travel to get to it. Since this is about Horde leveling, I'll see if I can point out a few early ones along the way that can help out those getting started.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home